Frontend Developer Back to all openings
So what are we looking for, exactly? We’re seeking an experienced Magento Frontend Developer fluent in HTML, CSS, and jQuery/Prototype along with general working knowledge of other relevant web technologies. As a Magento Frontend Developer, you will be working with a team of brilliant individuals to facilitate implementing the designs provided by our design team onto the Magento platform that powers our clients’ eCommerce operations, and building user-interfaces for our clients websites that make the end user experience simply amazing.
You will be responsible for developing in a local website environment, deploying to stage environments for client testing and quality assurance, teaming up with a Technical Lead to deploy final development to the production environment, and working with Project Management team to make solution recommendations and/or provide estimates as needed.
It is expected that you will be passion driven, have an ever increasing love for embracing technology and seeing our clients and those that surround you succeed. We love working together and are united around what matters. We love to learn, and to share that learning amongst our team. It is your goal to see that all of this happens!
If you have never worked with Magento before, consider this a challenge to sharpen your skills as an individual, all the while serving others and passionately pursuing what you love doing.
- 2+ years experience in general web interface development
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other interface centric development tools
- A working knowledge of the PHP programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal leadership ability and ability to work well in a team development environment
- A sharp attention to detail
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as Drupal and Wordpress
- Pre-existing experience building themes on the Magento platform
- Familiarity with a version control system such as SVN or Git
- Familiarity with Eclipse and the Xdebug PHP extension
- Proficiency with Mac OS X (our primary development environment)
- Experience working in a *nix command line environment
- A working knowledge of building eCommerce websites
How To Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying for this position, please make sure to include the following if at all possible:
- Your resumé — A copy of what’s on LinkedIn does not qualify!
- If you have prior experience working with Magento, a copy of a custom theme you have developed.