We are looking for an experienced designer to join our team in Springfield, MO. As a designer working for a premier eCommerce agency, you will get to work on large scale projects for Enterprise-level eCommerce merchants (like these). You will create rich user experiences that are in line with our clients' brands. You will develop creative solutions that are technically feasible and fit within a client’s budget. You will be involved in a project from the inception of the initial concepts through the final approval of all design comps.
You will work closely with an Information Architect who will be responsible for doing the detailed work involved in creating wireframes, content briefs, and sitemaps. You will base your designs off of the wireframes that are created, which means you’ll get to focus on what you love: design.
You'll occasionally be tasked with internal projects, like designing updates for our website or marketing material for our sales team. You'll only be handling a few projects a month, allowing you time and space to be creative on projects. However hitting timelines and working quickly will still be very important.
- 4+ years of general design experience
- 2+ years of web-specific design experience
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator
- A strong mind for usability
- A passion for staying abreast of industry practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal leadership ability
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics:
- eCommerce design experience
- Experience with InDesign is a plus
- Experience with UI/UX Design, including wireframing/sitemap development, is a plus
- Proficiency with Mac OS X
- You won’t be asked to be a copywriter, but if you enjoy writing, that’s a plus
- Mad skills with ping pong and hacky sack
- Awesome health insurance benefits
- Macbook Pro for business/personal use
- Generous paid-vacation and sick time
- Base-salary plus quarterly bonuses
- Gain experience designing for Enterprise-level companies
- Monthly paid team lunches
- Work with the coolest llama herd in the world
How Do I Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of "Graphic Design Position"
When applying for this position, please make sure to include the following:
- A cover letter
- Your resumé – A copy of what’s on LinkedIn does not qualify!
- Your design portfolio
About Classy Llama
We specialize in eCommerce strategy, marketing, creative, and development. We work with eCommerce merchants who want to take their eCommerce business to the next level by implementing eCommerce best practices powered by solid technology implementation and effective design.
We work with Magento, the fastest growing eCommerce platform in the world universe. We are one of the oldest Magento Gold Solutions Partners. Our experience with launching over 70 eCommerce sites includes work for brands like glō, Breville, Griffin Technologies, Finis, Planet Blue, Jack Rogers, and Montessori.
We are a team of ~30 who all work under one roof at our office in Springfield, MO. We play a lot of hacky sack. We work from our front porch when the weather’s right. We love working together and creating things for our clients that we’re proud of.